Paladin Imperium
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Paladin Imperium

In Memory of the True Paladins. Shame on the usurpers.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

The wait is over

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Inora Sera
Admin
Inora Sera

The wait is over Empty
MessageSujet: The wait is over   The wait is over Icon_minitimeJeu Nov 27, 2008 2:18 am

http://www.swtor.com/

SWG having been my first paying MMO, i gotta say this looks very tempting.
Though it kinda look cartoonie and i'm starting to believe i'll never relive the excitement i felt when i first logged into SWG or the first time i ran into one of those gigantic Rancor on Dantooine, i still hope to find it again. I also totally loved the Kotor games, so if this is anything like it... woohoo ^^
EvE is pretty awesome in it's own way, but not quite it.

So Charles, this is kinda Sword and magic, but in a more technological way and with spaceships, so no excuse for you this time ^^

Any of you think of maybe giving this a try ?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://pldn.allianceogame.com
Charles Kuralt
CEO
CEO
Charles Kuralt

The wait is over Empty
MessageSujet: Re: The wait is over   The wait is over Icon_minitimeJeu Nov 27, 2008 4:13 am

Well to be honest Star Wars in general, and KOTOR specifically, has always to me seemed an attempt to cram camelot-like circumstances into what is essentially a space opera. In other words, the jedi, the sith and the force are mechanisms to allow individual characters in a story to effect an outcome that in reality would be well out of their hands. Makes for good drama. However, Empires and nations fall not due to the actions of individuals but due to a myriad of social, economic, and military events. Star Wars always pissed me off because a bunch of hairy midgets and some dude who can lift stones with his mind can instantly collapse a massive galactic empire. Thats simply impossible. EvE emphasizes what I consider a "reality" of politics and economics.

So short answer is: no. not going to try it. A rock covered in whipped creme is still a rock. And this will just be a sword/magic mmo with a creamy sci-fi covering of lightsaber/force. Now give me the ability to command a Star Destroyer and crush some squid-built Mon Calamari junk heaps and I'll look into it Very Happy
Fayla Bloodstone
Blood Mistress
Blood Mistress
Fayla Bloodstone

The wait is over Empty
MessageSujet: Re: The wait is over   The wait is over Icon_minitimeJeu Nov 27, 2008 9:23 am

I'm not much a fan of SW game, but i do like playing as pilot in those fighter back in the old day. I want more of those TIE-fighter or X-wing game....and allow us to control the Star Destroyer, so i can ram the rebel ship Smile
Figaro Devars
Squire
Squire
Figaro Devars

The wait is over Empty
MessageSujet: Re: The wait is over   The wait is over Icon_minitimeLun Déc 01, 2008 10:20 am

That being said I might try it Inora, I for one love Star Wars. Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

The wait is over Empty
MessageSujet: Re: The wait is over   The wait is over Icon_minitime

The wait is over
Page 1 sur 1